Thursday, July 31, 2014
Sometimes the usual fare of dining options offered by some restaurants around the Metro can be quite boring. Thus, the appearance of night food bazaars become a welcome surprise for even the finest epicureans, because these bazaars cater to different cravings and appetites.
Foodies around Fairview in Quezon City will be happy to know that such one-of-a-kind night food bazaar is coming their way. Starting on Thursday night, July 31, SM Fairview will serve as a dining destination of the area where casual food trippers can indulge as they taste samples from some forty different food vendors and kitchens.
Dubbed as EATS @ SM FAIRVIEW, the food bazaar will offer favorite local specialties such as crispy pata, bagnet and dampa-style grilled seafood. International selections include American rib eye steaks, authentic Japanese takoyaki and Chinese noodle soups. Those with smaller appetites can snack on freshly-made shawarmas, Ilocos empanadas, and Cebu chicaharon. Delectable desserts like buko sorbetes, puto bumbong, assorted cakes and pastries also await those with a sweet tooth.
Acoustic music and DJs will provide the entertainment for foodies as they feast. Spacious dining areas can accommodate small to large parties of families and friends. Drinks are available for those who just wish to chill out at the end of a long week.
So meet and eat this weekend and experience for yourself why night food bazaars are somewhat of a cult following around the Metro. Try something out of the ordinary this weekend at EATS @ SM Fairview and go home happy!
Open on Thursdays to Saturdays from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m., EATS @ SM Fairview dining adventure will begin on July 31-August 2 and will run until October 23-25 at the Transport Terminal of SM Fairview, Quezon City.
For food bazaar vendors who are interested in joining, please contact Alpha Corporate Events at 09178862872 or at email@example.com.
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Manila - Beauty bets from Overseas Filipino Communities and regional candidates will gather for the 46th edition of Mutya ng Pilipinas. A series of corporate visits, photo shoots and other pre-pageant activities are scheduled this week. All 30 Candidates was presented to media last July 23rd at Hotel H2O, the Swimwear Presentation at Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa in Puerto Princessa City in Palawan on July 28-31; and Long Gown Competition in Nueva Ecija scheduled in August 1-3. The grand coronation night will be on August 8 (to be televised on GMA). This year's theme. "Mutya ng Pilipinas, Where Beauty Begins..." proudly announces its 30 official candidates.
1 Anna Margarette Bascon -Lapu-Lapu City
2 Dorina Doerr - Tagbilaran/Heidelberg
3 Britt Roselyn Rekkedal -Scandinavia
4 Ma. Jackielyn Dulay - Nueva Ecija
5 Aivy Mae Castro- Daanbantayan
6 Nickah Dela Cruz - Bulacan
7 Alexandra Faith Garcia - Zambales
8 Renalyn Arinque - Capiz
9 Cristel Racel -Olongapo City
10 Kellie Dione Camoro -Zamboanga
11 Beatrice Kathryn Andrada- Canada
12 Shanice Aquino - Central Luzon
13 Annalita Vizcarra - Murcia, Negros Occidental
14 Mary Ryelle Espiritu - Arizona, USA
15 Deborah Humpfner -Germany
16 Christina De Vries - Toronto
17 Maria Leslie Angelina Ghan -Misamis Oriental/Cagayan de Oro
18 Cheryl Chen -Tarlac
19 Yesley Cabanos -Caloocan
20 Candy Cumayas - Bohol
21 Kim Fyfe - Australia
22 Eva Psychee Patalinjug - Cebu City
23 Rosalie Arcenio - Aklan
24 Froilene Villanueva - Iloilo
25 Patrizia Bosco - Milan
26 Gleniffer Perido - Cordilleras
27 Angela Aninang -Mabalacat
28 Jovilyn Gavan - Davao
29 Pauline Edralin -Melbourne
30 Aiko Rachelle Caraan - Talisay, Cebu
|Contract Signing of Mutya ng Pilipinas Board|
Over the years, MPI adheres to utmost transparency to preserve the ideal standards in pageantry systems. As such, it has renewed its cooperation wiht 'Reyes Tacondong & Company' (RT & Co) to be the official Auditors of the MP 2014.
|Andrea Koreen Medina|
'Mutya ng Pilipinas 2013'
To further strengthen its continuing desire to preserve its standards & credibility as a dominant pageant operator, it also partnered again with 'Informatics' as the official Tabulators of MP 2014.
The various cooperation entered into by MPI are intended to strengthen their relationship with its partners and cooperators overseas, its sponsors & its obligations to the public.
It continuously pursues innovations whenever possible. As such, MPI is the only pageant organization in the Philippines ht at haws existing offices, branches or outlets in major cities outside of Metro-Manila, such as in Cebu and Mandaue, Bacolod City, Puerto Princesa City, Iloilo city, Davao, Cagayan De Oro, Boracay and Pangasinan.
MPI may be the only national pageant organization that has continuous presence in a premier resort facility in Southwest Philippines and makes it their official resort home. MPI boosts in having 3 other associated resorts that it can utilize at anytime to bring class into its adventure-filled special events.
|Ms. Ivana Fragrances - 26, Gleniffer Perido|
Three of the most coveted titles were Mutya ng Pilipinas-Asia Pacific, Mutya ng Pilipinas-Overseas Communities and Mutya ng Pilipinas-Tourism International.
The Mutya ng Pilipinas Board together with its major accredited partners, H2O Hotel, San Miguel Corporation, Viva Communications, Inc., Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa, First Standard Finance Corporation, Focus-Ilaw ng Bayan, Paciflex Wires and Cables, Rain or Shine Elastomeric Waterproofing Paint, Biocera Anti-oxidant alkaline water, Raychem, Malungai Life Oil and Armak Tape Corporation is committed to promote Tourism, Adventure, Socio-Civic related promotions and of course Beauty Pageantry in the Philippines and overseas
It was a Rainy morning when I went to the venue which was in Coco Bango Cafe Intramuros, in White Knight Hotel Intramuros. After a few minutes of stay in the cafe the pretty Filipina's went in and it seems that the weather suddenly change the favor for the Mutya ng Pilipinas Candidates. Representing not only the cities of Luzon Visayas and Mindanao but also the Filipino Communities that are residing on different countries all over the World. Its like I'm in an international Beauty competition upon seeing all the candidates carrying their beauty and charm.
There were some activities that was meant for the candidates, aside from the opportunity to be interviewed by media personalities in Television, Print and Online Media. First activity was set for the some of the candidates while the others tour around Intramuros especially the candidates that is living outside the Philippines.
Take a look at the Beauties on electric chariot.
The other part of the group went to tour around Intramuros.
Interviews left and right from press people.
And of course pose for the cam like there is no tomorrow, which is deserving of their beauties and actually...I think at that time I am full even if I didn't eat up lunch. Its really nice to have pretty faces where ever you face your head.
In summary, the meet and greet still turn out to be successful even if it was raining on the later part of the event.
You can also check www.facebook.com/mutyangpilipinaspageant for Mutya ng Pilipinas 2014 Updates.
Friday, July 25, 2014
Bonifacio Global City BGC EATS citywide food tour cooked up by Passionate Minds for passionate Stomachs that showcases the city's healthy culinary tourism. From the simple to the finest dining outlets, coffee shops and bars, BGC is a haven to a wide range of gastronomical finds and is continuously being recognized for its vibrant local food scene.
This year's BGC EATS is made even more appetizing as four experts join returning BGC Eats curatorm the charming chef-writer JJ Yulo. Four Experts. Four Restaurants. One tour.
Tour 1 on July 26 focuses on the science behind food featuring Artha Ting, biologist and Mind Mover from the Mind Museum. She will explain the science behind all things tasty making both brain and tummy full by the end of the tour.
Tour 2 on August 2 focuses on the aesthetics of food featuring tips from food photographer Mylene Chung. Join her as she guides guests to shoot their way into being the envy of Instragram followers. Participants of this tour must bring a camera, Phone cameras are okay too.
Tour 3 on August 9 focuses on beverage pairing featuring Enderun's assistant dean of hospitality management, Bel castro. she will share some tricks in how to enhance on's dining experience and drink your way to a better meal. Participants of this tour must be 18 years old and above to enjoy the full experience.
Tour 4 on August 16 focuses on Healthy Eats featuring Edgy Veggie cafe owner Denise Celdran and she will help guests discover delicious and healthy food options.
To give you an idea about it, I have some pictures to show you which was the three stops we had.
First Stop: Gustare, use to be a commissary for restaurants but now they also offer private dinners and you can also take out some of the pastries and sweets that they have.
Second Stop: Prost, If you love beers and sausages you will love this place.
Third Stop: Mind Museum, why? well...the theme that we had that day was science related and one of the challenging and fun thing about it is we were introduced to what they call 'Future Food'
How to get a ticket for BGC Eats 2014:
1. Shop and Claim – (2) tickets for every minimum single receipt purchase of P2,000 at BGC establishments. All purchases from the following establishment: Bonifacio High Street, The Fort Entertainment Center, Crossroads, Bonifacio Stopover, One and Two Parkade and the Mind Museum are eligible. Eligible dates of purchase must be between July 21, 2014 to August 16, 2014 only. A mximum of 2 tickets
2. Hello BGCitizen – (1) free ticket will be given to BGCitizen upon proof of residence, employment or enrollment.
3. Straight Purchase – Tickets are prized at P1,500 each and can be purchased 15 minutes before the tour at the meeting point.
The Tour starts at exactly 3pm and will run for around 2.5 to 3 hours.Late comers will forfeit their tickets.
Meet up point is the Hop On, Hop Off Bus Stop on 9th avenue, in from of Krispy Kreme.
Maximum of 34 participants per tour date.
Tickets can claimed at the Bonifacio High Street Central Concierge from 11am to 8pm starting July 21, 2014.
For more details, you can contact Martha Asuncion at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 818-3601 loc. 3207
You can also check out https://www.facebook.com/bonifacioglobalcityph and https://www.facebook.com/ARTSatBGC
Saturday, July 19, 2014
I've never thought that Fast Food can be made into something better. They call it, Fast Good! And that's definitely better. Most of use(not unless if you're vegan) are probably dining in a Fast Food Chain for several times in a week specially if that is the best option from where you work or where you're school is at, its not really that bad, but on a personal note my body's reaction after eating to fast food chains for more than three times a week gains me more pounds as compared to bringing up my own food or even eating from the company pantry.
Good thing that there is such a Food Chain in the Metro that was introduced to me which gave me a different experience on dishes that I would love to eat and the best part of it, Its affordable!
Let me give you some shots of what I've tasted:
And the desserts:
And if you're someone that likes to have some chill out time with your friends specially after office work then this is also a good place to hang out. Simple: They also serve Beer!
Overall, what I can say is everything is okay in Chef Lau's Pugon Roaster(Beer Factor garnering the biggest point).
They have branches in Ayala Triangle Makati City, Venice Piazza, McKinley HIll, Taguig City, and SM SUn Mall, Welcom Rotonda, Q.C.
You can also check their facebook: www.facebook.com/ChefLausPugonRoasters and their website http://www.pugonroasters.com/
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Two Reasons to why people visit the corner of 31st and 4th Street in just next to St. Luke's Hospital in Taguig especially if you need that I prefer, "Laughter" of course! the best medicine there is. Letting you forget about everything else whether that be physical or emotional distress.
Lets check out the food being served in this fine Bar. We went then on a night time which was the usual operation hours of that bar, but after knowing more about Relik I found out that they also operate in the mornings as well to cater to the needs of Lunch Diner's in the area.
Take a look at the delicious food that was served in our table, all of it was with a Spanish twist.
|"Relik Olla Mia"|
-Spicy Chicken Empanada-Garlic Mushroom-Patatas Bravas-Baked Mussels-Friend Curry Chicken Skewers
-Pepper Pizza Rolls
|Relik's Nachos, Chorizig|
Well that is just few of the good stuff in the menu, and to make it even better we were able to watch the line up rising star stand-up comedians which as well as the professionals.
These guys are not the ordinary bar comedians that we were used to in bars which most of the time uses their audience as the subject for their punchlines. Yes it may be funny but I just prefer "observational point of view" kind of stand-up comedy. First thing is you wont need to be uneasy when your just next to the stage another thing is it is more challenging(for the comedian of course) simply because it is more difficult. Just like what they say..."It is easier to make a person cry than to make them laugh!"
These are just some of the shots I got from the open mic showdown of the apprentice's and the professionals.
Concluding the weekend night. I had a great time..full tummy with the awesome food and laughter!
Check out Comedy Cartel’s Facebook page for show schedules. Interested in booking Comedy Cartel:
Landline: +63.2 533.9316
Mobile: +63.917 886.0706 / +63.922 859.6144
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Very glad that I was able to make it on time on our my first Radio Guesting in DZIQ _ Radio Inquirer. The experience is nothing that I expect because it is really not your typical AM Radio Program wherein most of the time it will just be news, politics and serious topics. We'll..we still had a serious topic which intend to discuss our blogs and the discipline that we practice. It was also nice to know more about the personalities of the other bloggers that I always bump into same events that I am into like Pepi, Ross and Ronnie. We all have our own niches or shall I say categories but we all have the same passion for our blogs and the advocacy that we have which is mostly the same as one another.
Vigattin! that's what we felt and I would like to personally thank Den Macaranas, Elison Barcello and Arne Barcello for the warm accommodation and making us feel at home. Feels like we had a crash course of Radio Broadcasting without us knowing it having a casual chat with the anchors and educating the listeners in the process.
Watch out! I'm sure you'll be as excited as I am for the future projects/collaboration that we'll have with Vigattin, and Radio Inquirer.
Mga Pwedeng gawin bago dumating ang bagyo:
- Maghanda o gumawa/bumuo ng emergency kit pati na rin ang paraan ng komunikasyon ng pamilya
- Alamin ang iyong paligid
- Alamin ang taas ng inyong tinitirahan kung ito ay ligtas sa baha. Alamin din kung ito ay ligtas mula sa rumaragasang daluyong(storm surge)
- Alamin kung mayroong malapit na Dam sa inyong tinitirahan
- Maging pamilyar sa daan/mga daanan ng paglikas at paghahanap ng mas mataas na lugar. Alamin din kung saan pwedeng maging pinakamalapit na masisilungan gaya ng mga paaralan o matataas na building sa inyong lugar
- Gawan ng paraan kung paano magiging tiwasay o ligtas ang mga maiiwanang gamit kung sakaling lilikas ng tirahan
- Isarado o kaya naman ay takpan ang mga bintana, pinto at kung ano pang maaaring mabasag na kahalintulad nito. Mahusay kung gagamit ng plywood para matakpan ang mga ito.
- Maaaring itali ang bubong para maging mas matatag ito sa malalakas na hangin
- Linisin ang mga baradong kanal o daanan ng tubig mula sa bubong hanggang sa mga gutters
- Sa malakas na bagyo, ilagay sa loob ng bahay ang mga mahahalagang kasangkapan na nasa labas ng bahay
- Sa mga nasa matataas na gusali, maging handa na kumubli sa mga mas mababang palapag
- Makinig sa Radyo at manood ng Telibisyon para makibalita tungkol sa bagyo at mga paalala na maaaring mabanggit
- Patayin ang mga gamit na di kuryente kung ito ay nabanggit sa balita
- Patayin ang tanke ng LPG
- Mag imbak ng maraming tubig para sa sarili at sa banyo
- Alamin kung paano mag imbak ng pagkain na maaaring magamit ng mga ilang araw
Lumikas ayon sa mga sumusunod:
- Direktibo ng pamahalaang lokal at sundin ng maayos ang ipinapagawa
- Kung ang iyong tinitirahan ay sadyang mahina ang pundansyon
- Kung ikaw ay nakatira sa isang mataas na building(mas malakas ang hangin sa itaas na parte ng gusali)
- Kung ang iyong bahay ay katabi ng ilog, dagat at iba pang anyong tubig
Monday, July 14, 2014
AyosDito.ph sponsors “Unleashed 2”
AyosDito.ph, an online classified ads portal with affiliate websites overseas, recently sponsored a free wet and wild party dubbed “Unleashed 2” at the Megatent in Libis. Quezon City. The event was celebrated by college students as a back-to-school streetparty. Top DJs including DJ Ace Ramos, Deuce Manila, DJ Nix Damn P, and Motherbass,entertained partygoers through the night amidst rain and water from fire trucks deployed to ensure a pleasurable event. In photo, Internet action star Ramon Bautista (center) hosts the AyosDito.ph segment, releasing giant AyosDito balloons and distributing freebies. Different AyosDito.ph booths welcomed visitors for games, activities, and prizes.
AyosDito.ph is a buy and sell website developed for Pinoys by Pinoys from 701 Search, Inc. It.s a joint venture between Singapore Press Holdings Limited, Schibsted ASA and Telenor ASA with more than 30 affiliate sites all over Asia, Europe and Latin America. AyosDito is all about making your online buy and sell experience as worry free and hassle free as possible. One that will make you say "Ayos talaga Dito!" Best of all, they sort buying and selling by region, province and city, so Filipinos can use it no matter what region they are in the Philippines.
Here are at least five reasons why:
1) The Dough - When was the last time you ordered pizza, which came with real dough (and not biscuit)? Or when was the last time you ordered pizza that wasn't oily? Minus good dough pizza isn't a pizza. Papa John's dough is baked fresh. It's hot, it's soft, and it's chewy - nice!
2) Ingredients - Pizzas are topped with generous servings, while pastas and sides ooze with flavor - the merry mix of ingredients feel like they dance on your palate. They say they are "Better Pizza. Better Ingredients". Must be. It really does make a difference when ingredients are fresh. You'd see and taste it.
3) Pizza Variety - "Super Papa" is Papa John's top of the line with the combination of pepperoni, Italian sausage, ham, sliced mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and black olives. This one's "all-in" so it's the first one you must try.However, you wouldn’t afford to miss Papa John’s other pizza flavors since it’s different from what other brands offer. There's Spicy Italian Meatballs, Texas Heat, Chicken BBQ, and Chicken Bacon Ranch. It would be wise to try each one of them and decide what your favorite is later.
4) Pastas & Sides - No pizza is an island. It would be "corny" to just order pizza and not have pasta or sides with it. Go for a little adventure and order the not-so-typical flavors like Shrimp Oriental Pasta and Mediterranean Seafood Linguine. If you want to stay safe though, there's Carbonara or Meatball Bolognese. (Tip: Try the Carbonara, it's my favorite!) Must try are Drummettes and Wingettes. The flavor isn't too tangy and it's not salty. It's okay to get all your fingers rolled and wrapped on its taste - just lick it after! Go mix and match your choice with the various pizza flavors on the menu!
5) Promos! - Visiting Papa John's on Tuesdays mean you can actually you order a 12" Family Classic Pizzas for Php199 only! The promo is good for dine-in, delivery and take out. On weekends they also have "Weekends One, Two, FREE" where you get 2 Sides Free (from Friday to Sunday) when you buy One Family Pizza. Papa John's also gives discounts on their meal packages - choose from many of their offers and get huge savings.
Find more reasons to enjoy Papa John's. Visit them or call 887-7272 for delivery. Log on to
credits to www.wazzuppilipinas.com
Saturday, July 12, 2014
ATAT Racing Team which is a Ducati Race Club just recently had partnership with one of the biggest European Brand that we have in the country FILA. Although I am not really a big fan of motorbikes I became an instant fan of these guys. Why? because apparently these group of gentlemen carry a very good culture in their group which has fun and adrenaline for speed the Superbike way.
ART(ATAT Racing Team) is the racing division of ATAT(Any Time All The Time) Motorcycle Club Aiming to uplift Philippine Motorsports and promote safe riding start with regular bonding every weekend sharing each others passion on riding, touring not only the Metro and even the popular spots of Luzon Visayas and Mindanao and best part of their story is they watch each others back every time they ride.
Another awesome timing for this event is the Celebration of Her Royalty Ms. Cris Albert CEO of Fila Philippines which made the night even more colorful.
'Exciting' would be my choice of word to describe the party. Why you might say? Well...the raffle of Vodka bottles that originally was 30 to 60 then it ballooned to 120 winners given the fact that cocktails and beer is everywhere and free flowing, another thing is they gave away 10 GC'S of FILA shoes so that's another 10 winners, then 3 winners of Technomarine wristwatches and to 'Whoa' it all...more than P100K worth of Foil a car service was also raffled off courtesy of Mr. Lester Codog - Foil a Car Manager. And good news...I even won...one bottle of Vodka is not bad at all.
These were shots of the winners I got.
This night was of partying with the rest of the Fila Team was Fantastic and I would like to thank the Promotions and Advertising manager for Fila Ms. Cherry Bustamante Burwell for inviting me on this multi-faceted party.