Voting via all other channels, including Amazon Alexa for the first time, will launch on before five Christmas Day matchups across ESPN, ABC and TNT.
Additionally, new for this season, five “2-for-1 Days” will allow fans to have their votes count twice on , , , Jan. 12 and Jan. 15 when voting through the NBA App and NBA.com, along with Sina Weibo and Tencent in China. All “2-for-1 Days” will be designated .
TNT will reveal the All-Star Game starters, including the two captains, on during TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by Autotrader at , featuring Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O’Neal and Kenny Smith. The network will announce the reserves, as selected by NBA head coaches, on during TNT NBA Tip-Off at .
The team rosters for NBA All-Star Game 2018 in Los Angeles will be revealed on during a special one-hour edition of TNT NBA Tip-Off at . The 67th All-Star Game will be played at Staples Center on /5 p.m. PT on TNT.
Under a new All-Star Game format that replaces the traditional matchup between the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference, the team rosters will be chosen by two captains from the pool of players voted as starters and reserves. The captains, who will select the teams before TNT televises the results, will be the All-Star starter from each conference who receives the most fan votes in his conference.
For the second consecutive year, NBA players and basketball media will join fans in selecting the All-Star Game starters. Fans will account for 50 percent of the vote, while all current players and a media panel will account for 25 percent each.
Throughout the voting period, fans may submit one full ballot each day through the NBA App and NBA.com, post 10 total votes on Facebook, Google Search, Twitter and Amazon Alexa, as well as 10 total votes via Sina Weibo and Tencent. All current NBA players will be available for selection via all platforms.
Players and media will be able to complete one full ballot, featuring three frontcourt players and two guards each from both the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference. Players may vote for their teammates or themselves.
Fan voting updates will be shared on . Voting will conclude on .
How to vote:
- NBA.com voting page at NBA.com/vote: Fill out one full ballot per day (per day is defined as once every 24 hours) on NBA.com/vote from a desktop or mobile browser. Fans can select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters. During the five “2-for-1 Days,” votes through this channel will be counted twice.
- NBA App: Access the ballot and vote through the app, which isavailable on Android and iOS. Fans can fill out one full ballot per day, and select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters. During the five “2-for-1 Days,” votes through this channel will be counted twice.
- Facebook: Post the player’s first and last name along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE on your personal Facebook account. Each post may include only one player’s name. Fans may post votes for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
- Twitter: Tweet, retweet or reply with an NBA player’s first and last name or Twitter handle, along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE. Each tweet may include only one player’s name or handle. Fans may vote for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
- Google Search: Search “NBA Vote All-Star” or “NBA Vote Team Name” (i.e., NBA Vote Warriors) and use respective voting cards to select teams and then players. Fans may submit votes for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
- Amazon Alexa: To vote via Amazon Alexa, the user must have an Alexa-enabled device, and enable the “NBA All-Star” skill. To submit a vote, the user can open the skill with, “Alexa, open NBA All-Star,” and then request to vote for his or her player of choice. Voters can submit a maximum of one player name per request to Alexa. Users can submit votes for 10 unique players per Amazon account each day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
· Sina Weibo and Tencent: To vote on Sina Weibo (weibo.com), the user must have a Sina Weibo account. To vote via Sina Weibo, voters must visit China.NBA.com/vote, and select up to 10 players. To vote on Tencent NBA community, the user must have a QQ account. To vote via Tencent NBA community, voters must visit China.NBA.com/vote, and select up to 10 players.